Learning from Audit
A key function of SSCB is to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of what is done by the local authority and partners individually and collectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to advise them on ways to improve.
The SSCB multi-agency audits provide a means of finding out whether the service is following guidelines and or applying best practice in a particular area. The audits enable areas of weakness to be identified and acted upon and provide opportunities for agencies to learn from each other. Multi-agency case file audits are regularly undertaken by the Quality of Practice and Performance (QPP) subgroup.
Learning Notes/ Briefings
Please see the links below for the key learning from our recent audit activity:
- Neglect Audit held on 23 June 2017
- Early Help and the role of Lead Professional Audit held on 13 February 2017
- Domestic Abuse Audit held on 4 November 2016
- CSE & Missing Audit held on 23 September 2016
- Neglect Audit held on 13 June 2016